The course examines the development, 自然, 分类, and characteristics of organizational culture. Emphasis is placed on the investigation of 行为 and their relationship to organizational culture. The interaction of the individual, groups, the organization and environment are explored. Special attention is given to theories, models and methods for aligning culture to the organizational vision and mission.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Analyzing the impact that the founders, history, and tradition have on an organization’s culture.
- Examining contemporary research findings with regard to organizational behavior.
- Explaining the impact of corporate culture upon organizational communication.
- Recognizing how interpersonal skills influence organizational communication and the need to ensure proper development of those skills.
- Analyzing objectively the impact of organizational politics on corporate culture.
- 分析策略, 结构, 电网, 财务状况, and systems of a specific organization and their impact on corporate culture.
- Assessing the role organizational culture plays in the decision-making process both during crises and during daily organizational life.
- Explaining the 自然 of the relationship between the individual ethics of organizational leaders and the ensuing ethics of the organization itself.
- Describing current trends in the workplace that are a result of the conflicts between the new social values of employees and the more traditional values of the organization.
- Assessing the impact multi-generational representation in the workforce is having on organizational culture values, 规范, 行为, 和态度.
- Illustrating the complexity and challenge of managing cross-cultural human relationships.
- Analyzing contemporary approaches to designing organizations and systems that positively affect an organization’s culture.
- Conducting an in-depth analysis of the culture within an organization.
- Identifying strategies that help companies align culture with corporate vision.
- Recognizing the connection between culture and workplace 行为.
- Matching business situations to their relationship with organizational culture.
- Matching cultural traits with their manifested workplace 行为.
- Identifying the applicable steps to change corporate culture.
- Understanding the implications of subcultures.
- Explaining the role of leadership in using culture as a tool to sustain a high performance organization.